Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hi there!

Hi there! Welcome to my little blog. My name is Andrea. If you found your way here, you probably already knew that. I live in a suburb of Cleveland, OH with my husband (and high school sweetheart) and our two boys. I'm a biomedical engineer by training and when I'm not working my day job, I'm busy with hockey (some weeks I think we live at the ice rink) and crafting. 

I've been sewing for years, thanks to my aunt who would make our Halloween costumes with us, and quilting since 2003 when I made a tree skirt for my first Christmas married. 

(photo taken in 2006)

After 2003 my quilting stalled a bit, but my love for quilting was renewed a few years later when I had the special task of completing a quilt that my grandmother had started. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful mentor help me with that - my husband's aunt.  Seriously, she is super talented!  After that I upgraded my sewing machine and kicked it into high gear. I found so many amazing resources online and cultivated a love for online swapping through Flickr and Instagram. I've made some fantastic friends and have learned so much from this talented community. This year I will also be making my debut as an instructor at a local quilt shop.

I'm not really a blogger, but would like to explore this as a forum to share my projects and experiences.  Not sure what will come of it in the long run, but for now...here I am. I hope you enjoy the glimpse into my crafting world.

To see more of my previous work, please look for me on Flickr or Instagram @crabapplequilts.

Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Andrea, for blogging (I lost steam and IG is less time consuming when it comes to sharing posts!) and for becoming an instructor at your LQS!

    ReplyDelete